Top 5 Emerging Trends in PR
Even before humankind discovered fire and made wheels from wood, it had already made its greatest invention- methods of communication. Communication was what helped humankind unite, form communities, survive and evolve. And till date, communication is what has helped humankind repeat its glorious history time again. But this couldn’t have been possible without a dynamic and continuously evolving method of communication itself.
On similar terms, since the concept of Public Relations came into existence, and became a vital part of almost every industry, it has undergone significant changes. The 21st century has seen major technological advancements and PR has gracefully adapted itself according to the demands generated by it. Here are the top 5 emerging trends in PR that have reshaped the industry and every PR Professional must be aware of to excel in the field.
1. A Shift Towards Digital – The 21st century has seen some major drifts and shifts in the IT industry. The Internet has now become accessible to almost every individual with a smartphone and the exchange of information has become very quick. Every small to big information is prone to spread quickly, and you never know at what pace. Every individual having access to social media is now a small media house in itself and this has resulted in the decline of print media. In such times, online PR becomes the game-changer. It is essential to have your presence known on online social platforms. One must be very observant and aware of all the trends dominant on the internet. Master the art of social monitoring and be very quick to respond and do the needful wherever required.
2. High-Quality Content – In these times, when digital PR is becoming more prominent, content becomes a key factor determining your face value. There is no dearth of content on the internet since every individual has access to it. To stand out from the crowd, one needs to ensure high-quality content on all the online forums to make your representation strong. A PR kit without good content appears like a half-filled vessel.
3. SEO – The world is moving at a fast pace. Our lifestyle does not allow us to spend months doing extensive research before settling for an option. People tend to make peace with investing, and start building on the first good prospect they come across. We must never forget that the market is full of good options. Thus, it is very necessary to make our presence visible. Search Engine Optimization or SEO is one of the most reliable methods to stay on top of the search results related to a keyword displayed on Google. Using SEO to find out relevant keywords and integrating them into your content will increase your chance of being featured on the first page Search Engine Results Page (SERP)
4. Quantitative vs Qualitative Measurement – While the quantity of responses on a social media page is good for face value, and momentary satisfaction, it is quality that matters in the long run. Quantitative metrics might appear to be easier, but they do not give an accurate or full-scale picture of public relations ROI. Qualitative responses are what result in something and bear fruits. One must focus on being a target audience specific to get qualitative responses and bend their efforts towards harnessing the results satisfying the actual purpose of PR.
5. Multi-Tasking – PR officials who aren’t aware of the benefits of self-dependency! PR firms that can generate content, handle media, do the outreach, monitor social media and weave in different fabrics of PR together have more chances to perform better, and that is what clients seek.
These are some really effective emerging trends in public relations you can include in your daily pr activities.